Friday, March 07, 2008

Every One Of Them Words Rang True....

I’m typing on the deck of a hostel in a little Uruguayan surf town called Punta del Diablo.

Travelers are chatting around me; the usual conversation about where they came from and where they’re going next. Down on the beach, surfers are catching the last waves of the day and men driving horse-drawn carts haul firewood into town.

In many ways this is an idyllic scene, but to be honest, for a while today I was feeling a bit tired and jaded about travel. When you’re on the road too long the spark of newness fades, and travel can feel like a long, pointless slog, a detour from loved ones and from life.

Then I started reading the quotes you’ll find below. Some made me laugh. Some made me wince.

But all of them rang true, and reminded me of why I travel: to learn and grow, to challenge myself, stretch my limits and foster an appreciation of both the world at large and the chair waiting in front of the woodstove back home.

I hope you’ll find similar inspiration in these quotes. Without further ado…

The 50 Most Inspiring Travel Quotes Of All Time


Thanks to Lola for compiling these quotes!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're finding some inspiration despite the drudgery. Don't work too hard- get out there with those surfers and do something fun!!!!
-Suz
www.startgo.com

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home