Monday, February 04, 2008

Back In BA

Things work out.

I drifted back to Buenos Aires and arrived early am with 40 pesos and a canceled debit card. Found a cafe with WiFi, checked Craigslist for a rental room, found a place to stay and boom - that night, there I was, drinking wine and eating spaghetti with two Swiss backpackers, one French traveler, two American university students, a British woman studying for her phD and Claudio, our gregarious Argentine landlord.

Trust in the flow and keep smiling...the road is life.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Buenos Aires really as cool as the TV and blogs make it seem? Also, how is the exchange rate? I've been thinking of bumping it up on my list of places to visit but can't decide if it is worth the 4 week negotiation it will take to turn my hubby's head away from his Anglophile addiction (I really don't want to end up in England, although it's nearly free w/ family, again!)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

That is what I loved about BA. One day you are in a fine restaurant of the capital with French people eating steak then going back to the various Buenos Aires apartments there are for rent and the next thing you know you are in the Iguazu Falls, drinking mate in the middle of the jungle with a Southafrican couple you met 3 days ago. IsnĀ“t that great? That is what I call diverity, of landscape and of people!
Lindsay

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home