Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My New Favorite Travel Blog: Uncornered Market

Part of the new editing positions I've taken on involve scouring the web for travelers who are posting guides and photos from dusty Internet cafes on the far side of the world.

It was a great pleasure to discover the travel blog of Audrey Scott and Daniel Noll, a married couple who lived abroad for several years and are now in the midst of a round-the-world journey, measuring the Earth with their feet.

Their website is a marvel - easy to navigate and packed with funny stories, excellent photography and detailed guides to off-beat destinations.

Big up, Audrey and Daniel. I'm impressed.

Check out their homepage and you will be too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new RSS feed to The Uncornered Market, I alway enjoy finding out what blogs other folks are reading.

How are things going in your new digs? Are you still suffering from homesickness?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Anders said...

Hey Tim,
it's Ben, from the super tuesday party. Are you still living in BA? I just finally settled into my digs in Lujan-- not as exciting as BA, but folks here are very chill and easy to meet. My boss is very laid back too, so it looks like I'll be able to get enough exploring done without quitting my job. I'm really enjoying the blog-- maybe it will inspire me to actually update my own. Anyway, take care, maybe see you back in BA sometime.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, it's a comprehensive travel blog with some great, detailed tips on each stop.

I thought some of the writing was a bit too saccharine though, a bit too breathless and upbeat.

And it sometimes falls into the holier than thou tone that a lot of travellers (me included) resort to at one time or another, when everyone else is a 'tourist' to my 'independent traveller' trip.

ie: http://www.uncorneredmarket.com/2007/02/siem-reap-first-impressions/

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home