Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Montauk to Boulder


Boulder, Colorado feels like heaven. I arrived late at night and walked outside the next morning into that dry Rocky Mountain sunshine - what a feeling - sunflowers blooming in gardens, pretty girls with long tan legs riding by on bikes down roads that lead to the high mountains.

I just had the pleasure of interviewing David Miller, editor of MatadorTravel.com. We talked watersheds and travel writing. It was great.

And last weekend was simply wonderful - friends from Williams meeting on a beach at the end of Long Island, 3 long, slow days of body-surfing, good food and pick-up beach football games.

Life is hard.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hi Tim,

I was born and raised on Long Island, and Montauk Point is certainly a beautiful place.

I would like to visit Colorado someday, as I hear the scenery is spectacular. Plus, I would like to see those sites in Denver associated with Jack Kerouack and his pals.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Edward J. Taylor said...

Aw man, missed you in VT and in Boulder, too. I was there, Wed thru Monday, hiked not far from you guys.

Setsunai Tom and I had hoped to do some Japan Alps hiking with you last summer, but couldn't work it out. You coming back this way anytime soon?

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home