Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Frustrated? Pack Bags and Head to the Mountains

Thunderstorms whip rain against the windowpane as I type in my Vermont living room. The weather matches my mood.

The best article I've ever written is called "The Flaming City, The Golden City." It's about Luang Prabang, the ancient royal capital of Laos.

So why no link? Well, because it's not published yet. I've spent months working with John Flinn, the excellent travel editor of the San Francisco Chronicle, and finally finished the last set of edits today. I was just about to send it when Mr. Flinn e-mailed me.

Seems there has been some fighting in Laos, and with the U.S. Embassy issuing travel warnings, the Chronicle wants to hold off on publishing for another month or two.

Gah.

Two other articles on Cambodia - "Cambodia's Undiscovered Islands" and "Mango Village Brother Island" remain unpublished, although the former piece will be out soon when Get Lost magazine hits newstands.

So what am I doing?

Tomorrow, bright and early, I'm jumping on my bike and riding to New Hampshire. I'll climb up into the Presidential Range and think about things for a while. Then I'll climb down, ride my bike home and start writing again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous car rental said...

I also opine that if a person is fed up of his daily routined bored life he must go for travelling to some place where he can feel nature close to him like mountains. Great post you have shared

5:54 AM  
Anonymous cheap hotels in Barcelona said...

Well I think nothing gives better information on the concerned topic rather than this article. Nice post. Keep it up

5:09 AM  
Anonymous car for rent singapore said...

Useful information about advertising agency I think it is pretty interesting to share it with other. Nice work

1:25 AM  
Anonymous bus to Penang said...

One of the best information on the topic. Lot of time a search on internet for this topic but didn’t get the information in a best way like this. Thanks to the writers for sharing it

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home