Friday, June 01, 2007

Matador Travel Writing Contest Winner Announced!

MatadorTravel.com is the only website I've found that pays writers and photographers of all levels of experience for quality travel articles. Last month I blogged about Matador's first travel writing contest, which offered a $500 cash prize. The Editors received about 80 submissions and the winner was announced yesterday, along with two honorable mentions.

Unfortunately, the entry Ryan and I submitted didn't make it to the podium, but the good news is that the winning article and runners-up are truly great reads.

Click here for the winning entry, "Huayhash: A Convergence of Change and Resilience.

And while I'm a bit bummed to miss out on the trophies and champagne this time around, there will be more Matador contests soon, and I'm excited for my first magazine feature to hit bookstore shelves sometime next month. Stay tuned!

And by the way - for those who miss my Hokkaido stories I've got some great news. Scott Lothes is writing again from Muroran, Hokkaido. Check out his blog at lothes.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous cheap hotels booking in Madrid said...

It is really a good news that now winner is announced and we all can read his fabulous post .I will surely reed the stuff written by him . Congrats to him.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous car rental Singapore said...

This blog really helps lot of people who interest in travelling and photography. Really appreciative information for the unique contest.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Bus from Singapore to Malacca said...

Such blogs are very difficult to locate and I appreciate this blog for having bulk of useful information ontravel writing contest.

2:22 AM  
Anonymous cheap accommodation in London said...

The Matador travel writing contest winner has been anounced on this post. Know all about it

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home