Thursday, December 15, 2005

One sip or the whole barrel?

Recently I wrote about the pros and cons of travel vs. staying in one place long enough to understand the "silent language" of day to day life. Reading the online journal of a man who rode his bicycle around the world, I was struck by the following quote, which captures the issue quite nicely.

"It is a major downside of my chosen method of travel that I too am only ever passing through. I am constantly amongst strangers and never really get to know a place. It is like an extended wine-tasting tour without the pleasures and pitfalls of ever submerging your head and drinking one entire barrel."

-Al Humphreys

Off to Taiwan and Cambodia in a few hours...

YEE-HAW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home