Sunday, September 23, 2007

Whales at Dawn

This morning I awoke to the sound of whales coming up for air, a stones throw from my tent on the North shore of the St. Lawrence. I was camping with Worldhum.com blogger Eva Holland and we unzipped the door flap to see a spectacular sunrise, with whales rising like smooth black mountains from the sea.

After breaking camp we rolled into the town of Les Bergeronnes for brunch at the Monde et Mer cafe. I fired up my trusty little Powerbook and saw my feature article on Luang Prabang on the front page of the San Francisco Chronicle travel section.

To top it off, this morning the official announcement was made: I'm now co-editor of Bravenewtraveler.com. I'm stoked to make BNT the best travel magazine on the web, and am looking for contributors! If you like to travel and like to write, check out the submission guidelines and shoot me an e-mail.


By the way, the Monde et Mer campground just east of Les Bergeronnes, Quebec is one of the coolest spots I've ever camped.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're the envy of millions... glad to hear your trip is going well.

5:23 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Whales at dawn...
How fabulous!
I've never slept under canvas
How feeble!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home